Will this hurt him?

DS is 3 and usually plays on the kitchen floor because its easier to roll his cars on it so I don't pay much attention anymore if he is in there as long as the oven or stove isn't on. Today he learned how to open the fridge and ate three bananas and 4 slices of American cheese. Will that hurt him? Anything I can give him now for constipation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• An apple (or apple juice) might help

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• with some kids apples will bind them up...try prunes, prune juice, pears, any fruit that starts with a p is a good choice.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, it won't hurt him and might not even make him constipated so i'd wait before trying to give him anything as it could make it worse. My son can eat an entire 16 pack of cheese and not have any negative effects from it. (I don't let him of course but he has gotten in the fridge and ate nearly the entire pack before)
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My son (age 2) sometimes eats 3 bananas in a day (no cheese though, he's allergic), and never has constipation problems as a result. Wait and see and if you see an issue, a little bit of prune juice goes a LONG way. Apples/applesauce do bind up (that's why it's part of the BRAT diet), apple juice has the opposite effect, so it's ok. If he's still in diapers, eating too much pear can cause a very irritating-to-the-skin bowel movement (very grainy).
    ratviolin

Answer by ratviolin at 4:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my daughter eats like that all the time. I can never keep bananas in my house because they are all gone within the first couple days. I wouldnt try to push anything for constipation. Give him a chance to digest all the foods first. See if he even gets constipated, if so then try different things for it.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• no my dd has been opening thr fridge since she was 24 mts and she eats cheese and carrots all the time. am sure he wont be cosntipated
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I don't think a large meal of fruit and fat is likely to stop him up somehow.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No, it won't hurt him. He will be fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my 3 yr old loves cheese. she knows how to get in the fridge and everytime she gets cheese. but no it wont hurt him. i learned to hide the cheese so she wont be eating cheese 24/7
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 11:43 AM on Oct. 11, 2009