HOW DO U THINK IMMIGRATION WORKS?

k i see so many people oh come here legally but every situation is different.so here are some situations
illegal entrance
1. jumping the border
2. coming by sea( haiti, jamaica,cuba)
legal entance
2. plane yes when you come by plane to the us is legal ins knows you are here and you have entrance for 6 mts longer if working
3. if a us citizen ask for you.(lets say a us citizen goes to another country and he .she falls in love) he /she can request their significant otehr to become residenst of the us.

so most people do come here legaly, ins knows they are here .

piwife

Asked by piwife at 4:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• it doesn't apparently. Look at how miserably our Country is failing
    Anonymous

• Anon so we can blame all of our countries woes on illegals. Stop putting blame except where blame is due on ourselves.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The illegal immigration problem is a big one and very serious. God forbid a tax paying citizen of this country say something. If we do, we're racists. I highly doubt foreign countries would be okay with Americans illegally entering to have our babies in their countries to get free healthcare. Why we have to support the masses of the world is something I'll never understand.
    Anonymous

• If employers were punished for hiring illegals, they would stop hiring them. If employers stop hiring illegals, they will stop coming here.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• tax paying citizen
    my mom paid taxes and she wast a citizen hell she wasnt even a reasident.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes i do . For me it took 5 years of paperwork and money . It is not easy to become the citizen of USA. Personally I think system is broken . States should have more power how immigrants can come to be citizens. Many people don't know how some bring immigrants to work us slaves. When they get to US they will take away their passports ,don't extend their visas and so on. People like to blame immigrant but the real story is American business owners are the ones who are hiring them because it is cheaper.

Anonymous

• Most people really don't have a clue about immigration. I hear a lot of people saying the illegals should just apply for citizenship like it's as easy as making a phone call. It's a lot of time, a lot of money (the citizenship application alone is $675 and you can't do that until you've gone through the green card application and usually other visa applications too. I'm still working through the system (just about to apply for citizenship, yeah!) and I've spent years including at least 80 hours directly working on this (applications, waiting at the office) and a few thousand dollars on visa and other applications.

It's not a good system. We need better visa access for migratory workers; they're coming anyway and we need them but also need to keep track. We need to streamline the other applications too, the USCIS is a total racket as it stands.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree with Rhonda..
    Anonymous

• omg thank you rkoloms

"If employers were punished for hiring illegals, they would stop hiring them. If employers stop hiring illegals, they will stop coming here"

I've been saying this all along, but because there are a few business owners on here, oh no we can't do that.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 8:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2009