How to soothe baby gums so he will sleep?

Gryffon is 5 months and I am a new mommy and am in hell! He will not sleep and if he does it is for a small ammount of time then he is back awake. What can I do to make it easier for him so he will be soothed to sleep?

aturner75

Asked by aturner75 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• origel.... Thats what I used on my son, that with a mixture of tylenol. It's hard going through the teething stage where they won't sleep.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Dampen washcloths and freeze them; give them to him to gnaw on. Buy Hylands Teething Tabs. They disolve instantly, will relieve the pain and help him sleep. Let him nurse as often as he wants (both for nutrition and comfort).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Hylands teething tabs, and teething gel.

If you use a paci, we keep ours in the freezer, until DD wants one.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Just a heads up.... the teething tablets did nothing for my son and they cost about 6 dollars. My MIL bought them for my son, i still had to give him Tylenol and origel. It depends on the child if they work. But they might work for your son! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Ambesol nighttime formula

Answer by missanc at 7:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I'll probably get bashed for this but I don't care. Take a q-tip dipped in whiskey or vodka and rub it on his gums. Works like a charm and doesn't have all of the chemicals that Orajel or Anbesol have. Best of luck to you!
    ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• teatree oil. All natural, no alcohol or harsh chemicals. powerful smell and taste, but really works and last a lot longer than other home remedies.
    MammaGee

Answer by MammaGee at 12:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009