What would you do??? 2 y/o w/ no jacket...........

My Sil keeps bring my niece to me w/ no jacket. (I watch her daily) Its cold now, you need a jacket. Most days she is in a short sleeved t- shirt. I tell her she needs a jacket she has goose bumps. My Sil looks really sad and says that she knows but they can't afford one right now. OK so I go thru my dd closet and pull out all the ones my niece can fit in. I give all but one to Sil. I keep one just in case. So for my niece's b-day both my mom and I buy her nice heavy jackets. SO WHY is my niece still not wearing one??? I don't know what to do. I ask her everyday "Where is her jaket?" Sil doesn't wear one, b/c she aparently isn't cold. I know she has one b/c I bought her one for Christmas last year. She says oh its cold. Well if ur dd is shivering, she's cold. idk how to get it thru her head. Any advise would be helpful thanks.
I post anon, b/c idk who knows her on here, I don't want to start a family feud.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh dear. You have done everything I could think of. I suppose for the times when she is with you that you can have a jacket there that she uses just when she is with you. You have already ensured that she has one at home, so keep one for her to use at your place. Poor little tyke.

Answer by Bmat at 4:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree with Bmat. In the mornings when she drops her off at your house, make sure you have a blanket straight out of the dryer (all super warm) and wrap it around that child the second she is in your door.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Maybe you could 'borrow' a jacket nxt time you got to their house, n then when they come to yours and are leavin put the jacket on her. Get them into a routine where they dont even think about puttin the jacket on
    Ellie_Louise

Answer by Ellie_Louise at 4:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Get her some sweat shirts, at least they are long sleeves. She sounds like someone who has a hard time getting out the door and has a 1000 things on her mind. Tell her to throw a couple of jackets in the car, IN CASE, it turns cold when she's out. She may not think about it until it's too late, and then SHE'LL be late. Sorry for your niece.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2009