Need gift ideas for...

I know. Christmas is a while off, but sales are great right now and we are a bit broke, so I wanted to start early. Anyway, does anyone have good, cheap-ish (20$ or less) gift ideas for: 2 sister-in-laws in their 20s I don't know very well, a brother who is 30 and has enough money to buy himself anything he wants, a father who doesn't like to read, doesn't like sports or the outdoors, and has every tool imaginable, and an 75 year old grandmother? These are the gifts I'm having trouble with, so any ideas are welcome and much appreciated!!!

Iskkra

Asked by Iskkra at 4:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• I always get grandparents candy. They can share it with their friends and it's not just another dust collector. The 20 something SIL's you can always get them candles or scented lotions (that's my generic "girl" gift for people I don't know well). For Dad, how about a gift certificate to take Mom out to dinner? Everyone likes food! Brother, I don't know maybe a bottle of wine or a nice liquor?

That's the best I can do without knowing anyone involved! LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I know for a fact that Grandparents love a chatty letter about your life more that any gift. Very inexpensive. I also love handmade cards from the kids. SIL's maybe picture frames, one of my favorite generic gifts. For Dad, if he has so many tools does he need some shop towels? Watch sale papers for ideas. That's all I can think of. Good for you for planning early.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I make photo calendars for all my family members. I buy the kind that just have an opening to slide a pic into (they're cheaper than the kind you upload your pics to). I get them from LillianVernon.com for about $7 each. You can customize them w/pics according to the month, and even for each individual if you have any pics of the recipient w/pics of your kids etc. Everyone loves them and they are useful too! People appreciate homemade gifts!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I think a photo frame with pictures of your children or your family is a perfect gift for everyone on your list. I've given guys on my list the minimag lights (small flashlights) for their glove compartments, emergency battery chargers for their car (I found those in the Lakeside catalog 2 years ago for $19.95), emergency radio/flashlights. Grandma maybe a nice throw blanket to snuggle under, with crossword puzzles or something she enjoys. Actually, who wouldn't love a nice throw blanket, you could give those to everyone on your list.

I love the photo calendar idea momrocks1000 suggested. I also think homemade candies and cookies are good for anyone.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Avon has great deals. You can do a really nice gift basket for way less than $20! There is a ton of stuff for men too. www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping too tons of clearance stuff right now too!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2009