How come people can look out their windows at me, but if I look in their windows at them it's weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I personally thought it was hilarious! i started laughing. I have wondered the same question though lol
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Are you for real?
    Anonymous

• It's custom. People feel that when they are in their homes that they are in a personal space.

Answer by Bmat at 4:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Because more than likely if they can see you out their window you are "in public", on the sidewalk or in your front yard, but looking into someone's window is looking into their "private" space. Its just courtesy, like not staring at someone. I don't think its very polite to stare out your windows, at someone in their yard or whatever, but people don't think its as bad as staring in a window, so they are more likely to do it.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• happens w/ my neighbors all the time...they can stand and look @ me out but if I stand and look in @ them its weird...I say if you dont want me to look in close the blinds :) or stop looking @ me...We know them pretty well though...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Hee hee, I'm just being silly guys... It's Friday afternoon.
    Anonymous

• LOL....this was a funny post! Thanks for the chuckle. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2009