Anybody have a good recipe using canned/pouched salmon?

I have a bunch of potatoes too, so if you have one that uses both of those I'd love to hear it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Melissa D'Arabian - the chick who won "Next Food Network Star" had a recipe for salmon cakes that was AWESOME and called for canned salmon and, interestingly enough, a baked potato. 

My husband and I really loved this recipe, and my kids tolerated it. :)

Click here for Salmon Cakes Recipe

Do read the reviews, though. I think everyone said to cut down the mayo and I did, though I added a lot back.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I made some of the best canned salmon yesterday. I put in simple stuff like pepper and crushed crackers, an egg & onion but then pealed and sliced thinly a zucchini (making what looked like ribbons) and added that then added some slivered almonds. That was amazing. Maybe you could julienne your potatoes or dice them up and add them.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I've done scalloped potatoes with salmon.Slice the potatoes, mix lightly with onion slices and salmon pieces, mix with a white sauce (melt butter in a pan, blend in some flour, then mix in some milk, salt, pepper, maybe some garlic chopped or powder. ) Bake until done. I don't have a written recipe. Some cheese can be mixed in or sprinkled on top, too, and also buttered crumbs.

Answer by Bmat at 4:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Slice the potatoes into bite sized wedges. Boil them until cooked through. Drain them and toss with olive oil, thyme, black olives, salmon, salt, and pepper. Serve as a warm salad. It's also nice if you have some steamed green beans to toss in.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2009