How does breast milk boost a babies immune system?

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• *baby's
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Because breast milk has the mothers antibodies in it. And those antibodies I think they can be specialized for any illness the baby has. Thus boosting the immune system and helping the child recover from illness faster or get a weaker case. Of course how well it works depends on the mom's immune system and help to begin with.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• they get antibodies from u.
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• what tehys ay. my firts was ff and by the time she was 6 mts she already ahd been in the hospital she had gotten ear infections, colds and alot virus. my ds is bf and his almsot 8 mts and has never been sick
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Not only that but also goes with you are what you eat. BM is the healthiest food for a baby and the healthier you eat the healthier you are. NAK.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 7:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I have to say that I would def. feel better about this whole flu season if I was breastfeeding, but I didn't...my son so far has not been sick at all though, and a family member just had a baby and is bf and her son has already been sick several times...just one case obviously but I thought it was odd and maybe its bc she is stressed out all the time n prolly dont take care of herself. so It must have to do more with the health of the mom than just all BF babies in general. Which is why they stress eating healthy and taking care of yourself when bf.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009