Update from my question on Nutramigin or Alimentum. Please answer if you know!

I just switched my DS to Nutramagin today. Does anyone know how long it takes to see a change if there is one? And are they typically more hungry more often because it's alot thinner then regular formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its more broken down from what I know, so yes they are probably going to want more more often.
    When we made the switch for my DD it took about 24 hours to start seeing a big difference.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Thanks! Did she spit up alot still from the first few bottles?
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• our pedi said 1to 2 weeks
    Anonymous

• Yep, a week or so but it helps alot. I've had daycare babies switched to it. Give it time. I also got a vibration unit to put on the crib to sooth babies with problems with formula. It helps a lot. I got it on amazon if you're interested.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• They say the body takes a week - 2 weeks to totally get use to a change in formula. Saying that I noticed a difference the day I switched to Nutramigin with mine. And yes there probably will be an increase in what they are eating because they are able to get/keep more down.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 9:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2009