What are some great idea's for a "50 and Fabulous" themed party for my mother in law??

We want to throw her a party with the theme "50 and Fabulous!". We want her to know how much we love and appreciate her. We don't want her to feel old so over the hill stuff is not wanted. But we are going to do it in her home we know how we will get her out of the house and decorate. I just want to do unique things during the birthday bash to make her feel special. One thing we want to do is make her a framed list titled "Why Deanna is Fabulous!" with 50 reasons of course! I am going to make an awesome 3 tier fondant cake. But we need more unique idea's to help involve friends and family to make her feel fabulous!

crickettty

Asked by crickettty at 4:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• maybe a play back on her high school prom or something? if someone knows what the theme was for her prom you guys could use that theme, and everyone can dress up (not all out formal but dress nicely). or if she hated high school, than a 80's theme or a decade in her life that she absolutely loved. everyone could dress for that decade, you play music from it stuff like that.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would make a video slide show of her family and yours. and especially grandkids. It will be somethign she will have and love forever. you can have it playing in the background for all too see. Add her favorite music to the background too
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• you can also have everyone bring one gag gift that reminds her/them of incident that involved her. We have done that and its fun and hilarious! Good for memories
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree with Steph...a "this is your life" slide show or video (still pictures can be converted into video format--look at what photographers in your area offer)--that's something she will treasure forever! Nothing beats childhood pictures, styles from the 60's and 70's, best friends from "back in the day" even old boyfriends to get a laugh or a tear!!!

I would also play music from the 60's, and decorate in 60's "kitschy" accessories. Maybe even have guests dress like they did in the 60's, and make it a "Retro" style party!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2009