Tired and Aching

My 17 year-old daughter has been complaining of aches in her joints (ankles, knees, hips, shoulders and wrists) for about two weeks. I have also noticed that she abnormally tired and is having trouble concentrating at all. I have been told it is probably stress. Is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Lyme disease?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I don't agree with the stress idea, but I'm not in the medical field. In my opinion, she needs a medical workup including blood work. Firelass's idea about lyme disease makes sense. I'd also wonder about mono, or an arthritic disease, or virus.

Answer by Bmat at 5:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Have her iron checked. Stiff/achy joints and unusual tiredness can be signs of mild to severe anemia; anemia can actually be caused by stress. I know b/c I have mild stress induced anemia- my iron just runs a little low and I feel tired and stiff until it gets back to normal. It could also be the above mentioned things.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Take her to her doctor as soon as possible. Get her checked out. Has she had a fever? it sounds like the flu
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 19, 2009