Charting question...for those of you who do this

I did this some before my last child and it worked well. However, now I work night shift (7P-7A) 3 nights a week. How would I go about getting the basal body temperature? It wont be at the same time every day... would that make a difference? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It needs to be after four hours sleep. But if your schedule changes constantly that alone will impact ovulation, so be aware of that.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• From the time my son was 5 months until he was 14 months, I worked night shift. I got off at 6am and was lucky to get 2-3 hours of sleep. But I was still able to chart successfully (resulting in pregnancy when he was 13 months, after 3 months of trying). I never had any problems interpreting my chart correctly.

You obviously won't have all of the ideal conditions to get a picture-perfect chart (like getting a certain amount of sleep every night/day, taking your temp at the same time), but as long as you take your temp right when you wake up, it should reflect ovulation when it happens.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009