If you live for God-Was there an exact moment where you surrendered yourself to God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I left the church after my second miscarriage. I was angry at God. Then my sister got herself into trouble & her husband & I took the kids away from her. She had one child that wasn't her husband's so I took him in full-time & her two older kids in during the week. When she returned from her binge after months, her husband relinquished custody of the children back to her. I grew even angrier with God. First to take away my children before I could even meet them & then to give my sister's kids back to such a horrible parent! Then, I got pregnant the third time just two weeks after my doctor told me I had to have a hysterectomy. Somehow, I knew that this one would take and I have a beautiful son and get to enjoy my sister's kids every other weekend. She now has four kids and her youngest is just 14 days younger than my son. How fun? I am back in the church now that I've found my path again.
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 5:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I think so !
    amandatyler23

Answer by amandatyler23 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I don't think i ever left God when coming into my human body.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• yes, when jesus appeared in a dream i had and let me know that Baptisit weren't the only ones going to heaven when they die. i was 13
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes, on September 23rd 2007.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes the day i got saved May 27th 2007 the day i got married :-)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Each and every day we have to make the choice as to wether or not we will choose to obey God. I think it wasn't an exact moment, but really a bunch of moments of realization of my need for God and His counsel that all added up over time. You don't start out in any relationship giving your all...rather, a relationship is built over time and then it gets to the point that you wouldn't want to be with anyone else. I think it is the same way with God. According to scripture, the kingdom of heaven starts out like a little mustard seed, and then grows to be a tree big enough that the birds can lodge in it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Oct. 10, 2009