If you LO pees in the bath tub after you've ran the water, do you let the water out and run fresh water??

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i know its sterile, but to me that'd be me bathing in a bath of pee and thats just gross. if its at the end of the bath, i'll just use water from the sink to rinse them off, if its at the start than i'll refill the tub.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yep. I mean you wouldn't wash your child's face with a wet diaper would you? LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Well, if she has done it, I've never noticed. If I saw her do it, yes, I would refill the tub.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Urine is sterile, unless there is an infection

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes.
    MaeI

Answer by MaeI at 6:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• yes.

And urine is only sterile until it hits the air. after that point, it becomes contaminated. (unless, as you mentioned, there is an infection)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes I would!! That's just not right!!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Honestly, I've never been able to tell if my kids peed in the tub or not because they were always sitting under the water! They've probably done it... and I used to bath them all together! Ewww! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Ugh. I bathed my niece and SS together once (they were both 4 or 5 - MIL thought that that was still an okay age to bathe them together.) Anyway, after I got SS out of the tub and was rinsing out niece's hair and letting the water go down the drain she announces that she had peed in the water (while they were both in there) SS was already dressed! I was so ticked off. A 4 or 5yo should know better! If I had known it would have been drained and refilled.
    Anonymous

• I don't even notice when or if my son pees in the tub. If he pees in it, I'll drain it, run warm water and soap over his body.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2009