I feel horrible...

So I'm bawling right now. My son is 6 months old and we have had our dog Toby for 4.5 years but he has bit my hubby and MIL and my son will be crawling soon and he hates little kids as do most mini schnuazers I guess. He wont let my son touch him and looks at him like he wants to bite him and it scared me so today I found my dog a home that seems great and I told this family everything about him and if he doesn't like it there bring him back. So I just told my hubby we found him a home and he is crying we have had him since we got married and now he is crying at work and isn't answering my calls. I was jsut trying to look out for our baby and I feel horrible now my hubby is SO SO upset now I'm crying I miss him too but I got the new owners number and everything and gave them ours and they were so excited. I feel bad...

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 6:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am sorry. That was your first baby I understand that. We had a dog die that we got the first year we were married. She died @ 9 years old while my hubby was at work , when he came home and I told him. He cried, I was surprised, he doesn't cry. As much as you may know that this is the best for you family, it still hurts. Stay strong, in a few months I would go to the pound and find a dog that works for your whole family so you all can have a great time together. You did the responsible and loving thing. Big hug.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• awwe. I'm sorry. I know its probably really hard to lose a pet like that, but you did what was best for your baby. Maybe you can find a dog that's good with kids. We have a boxer and he is great with our kids. People who don't know him think he's a scary dog, but he's really just big and lovable.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Did you discuss placing the dog in a new home with your husband or was this sudden ?

If he does not feel like he was able to talk with you about this, he might feel more hurt. KWIM ?

I can relate in a way. We have three kids now and there are some issues going on where I think my dog would be better in a new home. I just am so torn too.
    Anonymous

• No I told him and he agreed but I don't think he thought it would happen so soon.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 6:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I am sorry you have to go through this but I think your husband is overreacting...it's not like you are getting rid of the dog for no good reason--he BIT two people...your hubby needs to be more worried about your baby getting bit! That would be horrible, and even potentially deadly. You have found the dog a good home...you have done all you can to make the best of the situation.
    Fyi...make sure the new owners know about the bites-you could be held responsible if it bites someone else and you didn't tell them the history of the dog..
    Good luck!!!!
    Anonymous