taking back formula?

has anyone ever taken back formula to walmart? will thry take it back if you just dont need it anymore, it hasent been opened, not expired & there are no problems with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Do you still have the sales slip? You may want to call walmart and ask what their return policy is, and if they will accept the formula.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I used to work at Walmart. They'll take it back. If it's open, they'll just put a claims slip on it and mark it as a loss. If it's expired and the expiration date is *before* the purchase date, I believe they give you double your money back, but I don't remember if that applies to formula.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Oh, and if it's more than 90 days past the purchase date, they probably won't take it back.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 6:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• it might be different now, but 4 years ago when i tried to return formula they told me no because they could get in trouble if I put something in it.
    rjrambrocio

Answer by rjrambrocio at 7:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I've tried to take formula back. It was never opened with the seal still in place and I was told that formula is the one thing stores do not take back for safety reasons.
    Anonymous

• I don't think stores are allowed to take back fomula as a safety concern. I believe it is a health department law. You would have to check with the store and if you don't have a receipt, they probably won't take it back anyway. Donate it to a womens shelter, food bank. etc. Even WIC will take it for emergency cases.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If you don't have your receipt you're screwed, by law they can't take it back without because if you don't have it, they don't know if you bought it or got it with WIC - and if you got it with WIC (not saying you op but you in general) and return it for money that's just a huge problem.
    Anonymous