Can the grass be greener on the other side?

People always answer questions on here with the grass isn't greener on the other side blah, blah, blah, but IMO Some situations are really better than other situations, so this doesn't always apply. I think the grass is greener on the other side in some cases. If you're so damn curious about what's on the other side, why not see what it's like? It really could be better right? This isn't a question for any particular situation, just a hypothetical question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If the grass wasn't greener on the the other side, we wouldn't always be striving to get there. Of coarse it's greener over there. The key to happiness is tending to your own grass, watering it, fertilizing it, getting the crab grass and weeds out, and in time, hard work, persistance, and some patience, your grass will be the greener side.

Now, in case you don't get my analagy, i'll break it down for ya! If the grass wasn't greener on the the other side (rich), we wouldn't always be striving to get there (investing, working, lottery). Of coarse it's greener over there. The key to happiness is tending to your own grass(managing your money & life), watering it, fertilizing it (working, saving, investing), getting the crab grass and weeds out (debt, bad choices), and in time, hard work, persistance, and some patience, your grass will be the greener side (living the life you want).
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Well, sometimes it isn't too easy to get to the other side! I have a sneaking suspicion the the super-rich have it easier than me in many regards... however I've never found a way to sneak over to their side of the fence! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Maybe you don't understand that saying "The grass looks greener on the other side of the fence". When you don't think you're in a good situation, everything else looks better. But under that green grass is the same kind of dirt that's under yours. Yup, some situations are definately better than others, but don't overlook the fact that every situation will have dirt.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would look on the other side but the fence is way to tall for me to climb to look
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The grass is always greener on the other side when you got hope, whatever it is your seeking in life you couldn't do it without hope, when you got hope you got greener grass. If you don't have hope you are pretty much giving up on life.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• mowing the lawnThe grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side as much as the light beams and the angle of perspective give the illusion of a change in the shade of green

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• if the grass is located over the septic tank it could be much greener
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2009