Has anyone had a baby on Neocate formula?

My daughter is 4 weeks old, she has been pooping blood and mucus for 3 weeks now. We switched her formula 3 weeks ago to nutramigin (sp?) and it still hasn't helped with the bloody mucus stools. Now we are switching her to Neocate. Anyone have similar problems to this and used this formula? If so did it help?

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's 4 weeks old...she's had bloody and mucusy stools for three weeks, the same amount of time she's been on nutramigin. I can't believe the pediatrician let it go that long!

The pediatrician must have some idea this one will work or s/he wouldn't have recommended you switch again.

Why did the pediatrician have you switch to nutramigin?
    Anonymous

• Have you looked into relactating or donor milk / milk bank? Just in case the formulas are too harsh for her little stomach it may be worth giving a try. Good Luck!

Anonymous

• We waited because with the Nutramigin they say to give a newborn up to 3 weeks to clear up any blood or mucus. Well she spoke to her gastroentrologist today and she recommended that we used the Neocate. So now we are going to try this, and I am possibly thinking she may have a form of IBS or Colitis, seeing as how I myself have colitis. Thanks though! I am really hoping that the formula will help. She is just miserable.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2009