First timer, getting the nursery ready...

I know this will probably be a really dumb question, but if you have a crib mattress that's got a vinyl outer cover, doe you still need crib pads and plus a crib SHEET over that?
I have no idea...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• What do you mean "crib pads?"
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes you want your baby to be comfortable. For the most part the baby wont have blankets or anything for a while due to sids and such. So yes still put a sheet and pads and stuff on it :)
    ps. not a dumb question lol :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No I don't think it's a dumb question either :) I didn't mean that. Just wondering if you meant like mattress pad or what?
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• as far as pad if you mean bumper pads thats your choice...if you mean protective pad over the matress again thats your choice...as far as crib sheet...yea definitely....babies can sweat too, and if your baby is on vynil and sweats or spits up, could chafe on them.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Haha, yes I meant mattress pads =]
    Anonymous

• Then yes because it will be easier to clean. You can just throw it all in the washer.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009