My little girl turned 3 sept 24 can i get her into a preschool program

dreaminmama

Asked by dreaminmama at 7:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• check your local area for any types of programs...i know in our area one requirement is they have to be fully potty trained.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You'll have to check. I know here there are some preschools that will take kids as young as 2 1/2, but like the previous poster said, the kids have to be potty trained (some accidents are acceptable, but no bm accidents - that's why my 3 yo is not at preschool this year). And I know that here you have to register early, like in April for the Sept start.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Not all preschools require a kid to be fully potty trained.
    Anonymous

• Check with the preschools in your area. The preschool I teach at the kids have to be COMPLETELY potty trained. NO accidents, NO pullups and they must be able to wipe themselves and pull up and down their pants. If a child does have an accident, the parents are called to change them. We do NOT have the facilities to change diapers or clothes. We take 3 and 4 year olds. Some preschools will take them not potty trained, but there are not many.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009