Zoloft?

My OB put me on Zoloft foday for depression and I was wondering if any of you have been on this while you were pregnante? I am 14 weeks today. I was wondering if you had any side effect or if your baby had any birth defects. My SO thinks that I should take any med's because it might hurt the baby. Any helpfull words?

my2loves0607

Asked by my2loves0607 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i took this before i was pregnant an did not like how it made me feel.... in my opinion i would avoid it at all cost.. you can always ask your dr about your concerns with this medicine.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 8:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I haven't, but when I worked in a mental health clinic there were several women who did. It has been used for preggo women for at least 4 years. I would try not to worry. Trust your doctor, he gave it to you for a reason. There are many compelling reasons why a pregnant women that is suffering from a mental illness should take medications. How you feel emotionally does effect your baby both in and out of you. If you just can't the meds then hook up with a counselor to help you manage the symptoms with out meds.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

Thanks for the advice!
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• personally when i was pregnant i would not even take a tylenol no matter how much my head hurt and my dr tried to prescribe me volume while i was pregnant bc i had anxiety attacks sooo bad and i would not let him i dont know about all but i know for certain some antidepressants are known to cause major birth defects
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• your so wasn't too concerned when u had that abortion a few months ago. O but of course when its his baby he's very concerned. Never forget 04-11-09
    Anonymous

• maybe u should tell them you told a guy that u claimed u loved that u wanted to have his baby and then u got pregnant then killed the baby and got pregnant with the other man's child. Id feel pretty depressed and guilty had i done the same thing especially when i know i was directly responsible for ruining someone's life who was always there for me.
    Anonymous