im 37 weeks and im 4 1/2 cm dailted!! i have pressure at the bottom of my stomach like cramps... should i be concerned about my dialated?

lucylepe5

Asked by lucylepe5 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A dr. already told u your dialated to 4 1/2... then yea any cramps should be checked as it could be easrly labor.... wow that amazes me I didnt dialate till I had been in labor all day they almost didn't keep me then I dialated to 10 in like a half hour
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• uh YEA! they usually admit you at four cm. If your having cramps they could definately be contractions. Go to the emergency room if they are happening 2-4 min apart.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i don't get the previous comment.

you should not be concerned about your dilation imo. at 37 weeks your baby is probably considered term. so if you are about to go into labor, that is fine. just try to rest and relax and let things happen. you don't need to be checked. it doesn't matter how dilated you are. just let your body do its work :)

imo you will likely have your baby within the next week or so, but you never know, you could still go past your "due date'

congrats!
    Anonymous

• just to clarify, i disagree with both PPs. why go to the ER? if you do go into labor, with contractions every few minutes for an hour or so, then go into labor and delivery if you wish. idk why the others are trying to freak you out....? i'm confused.
    Anonymous

• early labor can last days and days, on and off. just try to get as much rest as you can :)
    Anonymous

• I agree that the dilation isn't really relevant. It doesn't matter how dilated you are/aren't if you're not in labor, no sweat.
    You WILL be eventually!     ;-)    Your body is clearly preparing, it should be fairly soon...

And true, the ER is not a place for childbirth, it's for emergencies.

Birth is not an emergency, it is simply an emergence.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You'll know, trust me. You will WANT to go to the hospital. I always tell people this. If they thought you were in labor they would have said so. It's normal! But hey, it's right around the corner any time now girl! I was at five cm for 8 weeks.
    Anonymous

• lol thanks for everyones support and answers... ;)
    lucylepe5

Answer by lucylepe5 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was having contractions for about a week and just thought it was the baby noting up and stretching out. when I went in to be induced that's all I felt until I was 8cm and they broke my water. To me the most important thing is if your water breaks go to the hospital. until then I would stay home because most hospitals want you laying down after you are admitted.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree with most of the PP's. Just keep track of your contractions and once they are 4 mins or less apart for an hour head to the ER or LD admittance (however your hospital handles that). I know my hospital admits us through the ER area and they give you a nice wheelchair ride upstairs. lol Dilation is mostly irrelevant until labor is active or water breaks. My friend was dilated to a 5 for weeks prior to her twins delivery. Good Luck!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2009