Odor down there

** TMI AND EMBARASSING**

I'm doing this anonymously because I am super embarassed. Ever since I had DS1 (almost two years ago) I haven't smelled the greatest down below. Ever since DS2 (4 months ago) it has gotten worse. I'm so embarassed because DH doesn't like to go down there anymore, and its something I really enjoy. I'm positive that I don't have any kind of infection and before I had kids I smelled fine. How do I "freshen up" down there? I clean regulary, and I'm not comfortable with douching as I have heard it takes out the "good" stuff out too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• um, have you talked to your doc about this? i would make an appointment if i were you.
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree. If this is something that happened after your first child, you could have not quite healed some were correctly or some other unusually thing. Talk to the doc.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• OH babe!  It might be a bacteria infection!  It's nothing to be ashamed of!  Call your Dr. or Midwife and tell them whats going on and get checked out! 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You most likely have a very common infection call bacterial vaginosis. You can go to the health food store and buy some grapefruit seed extract capsules. Take them according to the label's directions and you will be cleared up in less than 2 weeks. You cannot take grapefruit seed extract if you are on any prescription meds because it makes your body absorb things faster. If you are on any prescriptions, then call your dr and they will call you in an antibiotic (but then your PH might swing the other way and cause a yeast infection).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• one time i had that problem and for a week i couldnt figure out wth the smell was and a week later i had discovered i left a tampon up there and it got waaay up there and i didn't notice.
    Anonymous

• I'd be calling my dr or going to the health dept and asking what's up?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009