How can I get rid of spiders?

There really small. In the past 3 days I've seen 4 of them. What's bringing them in the house and how do I get rid of them? I don't remember seeing them before.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• There are different names for them. Here's what it looks like   http://www.osagehedgeballs.com

Here's how to use it   http://www.ihatespiders.com/?tag=hedge-apples

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• smoosh 'em?
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• lmao! I am. I hate seeing them. It's starting to freak me out.
    Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i leave most of mine alone, they eat other bugs that are worse.
    Anonymous

• We have wolf spiders, they are huge and gross looking. Maybe you could call Orkin or something, I have a spider smooshing shoe. yep a shoe that is dedicated to killing bugs. Do they make Raid for spiders? if so, you could spray that around and I think flea bombs kill them too
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My only problem with chemicals is using them around the kids. They are so small you don't see them at first. I have one of those electronic pest controllers plugged in and (knock on wood) have never seen anything other than ants after a huge rain. But even that stopped after we fixed the window.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I had our house exterminated for ants last year and I ask them about the spiders... he said the best way to get rid of them is to vacuum the egg sacks. The little black ones I found come around this time of year. They are along the base boards and I hate them too!!!!!
    Anonymous

• there are these things that you plug into the wall that are supposed to repel not only spiders but mice and other all kinds of bugs. I'm not sure what they're call but my sil swears by them and i really want to get some myself.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I don't know exactly why but I always thought spiders at smaller bugs.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I know it's fall & I'm not sure till what season they are available, but if you can get some of those green bumpy balls that grow on trees next to the road, they help eliminate spiders. We call them monkey balls. We gather some up & put them under the couch, and in cubbyholes everywhere. Don't know how they work... but they do!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2009