don't you hate when....

I babysit a 2 year old boy his mom is a school teacher and his dad only works 3 days monday-friday and don't have to be at work till 11 am they still bring the child 5 days a week at 7am and don't pick him up till 4:30 sometimes 5. I know they are paying for childcare anyway but still his dad should wanna spend time with him. plus i only get $75 a week its not like it costing them a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes!! That is so ridiculous!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It's really not your place to judge. You do not know what goes on when the father is not working, and it is none of your business. He could be doing jobs on the side, taking care of an ailing parent, job hunting, attending classes, working around the house.
    KATEISME

Answer by KATEISME at 9:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Agreed that it's not your place to judge...but you're doing an awful lot for only $75!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Teachers spend a lot more time after school than what most people realize. My office was in a school and the teachers there would often be still working until 7 or 8 at night. It was not uncommon to see them planning lessons, decorating their class, grading...doing their job until way past when many people would be home with their families. Not to mention teachers take their work home and do it there. Perhaps these parents are slackers but I know that I utilized my child care services to the fullest extent I needed it. My husband often works from home and picks our son up in jeans. I'm sure it may look like Dad is a slacker and tries not to be with him. Instead Dad works with computers and can work from home.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No it's not there are a ton of thing that need to be done and it's hard to get things done with a kid around. If they're paying you $75 a week and you don't like it ask for more otherwise why be upset when he's left with you the hours that he's supposed to be there?
    Anonymous

• I'd ask for more money or shut up about it :)
    Anonymous

• girl thats nothing when i was in sixth grade i babysat a 2yr old boy named brenden(still watchin him but get paid now) and one night his mom left and said she would b right back well he fell and hit his head on the coffee table and he hit it soo hard that he not only had a goose egg on his forehead but his nose started bleeding i called her right away bc we did not have a car(was in the shop gettin fixed) and she said she would b there in 20min and 4 days later she should up all methed out to pick him up i had to miss 3 days of school bc my mom and to work(we were in a tough spot) and just recently her kids got takin away form her but she has them back now for some reason but she is doin a little better i feel so sorry for them
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2009