HELP!!!..My Baby keeps grabbing his ear and crying?

My son is 3 and half months old and he just got done with a sinus infection and for some reason he keeps grabbing his ear and i dont know what is wrong...he is getting two of his top teeth in so i dont know if that is what causing it to hurt or if it is from the infection...i need some help and advice...Should i take him to the ER and see what they say or just wait and take him to the urgent care tomorrow??

JoshysMomma19

Asked by JoshysMomma19 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like he has an ear infection. The ER won't do anything for him but I would get him to the doctor first thing tomorrow.
    armywife12

Answer by armywife12 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I could be an ear infection, does he cry when laying down or pull more on his ear? Does he have a fever? Then again, it could just be teething. I would give him tylenol bc obviously something is hurting him. If it continuous I would take him to doc.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I agree. Sounds like an ear infection. If you can give him baby Tylenol, give him some. It will ease the pain. Poor baby. Or, press a warm wash cloth against his ear. Not sure if it'll work, but it sometimes work for me.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Contact the doctor line ASAP. An ear infection is extremely painful and from what you have said (sinus infection, pulling ears, intense crying) it sounds as though that is what baby has contracted. Good Luck!

Anonymous

• i agree with the above mothers. if the pain is really bad u need to get that tylenol to him asap and wait til morning and get him to the doctor's. now if he's crying BECAUSE he was grabbing his ear... that's a different story. watch him watch him watch him and make sure you prop him up when he's feeding so fluid doesn't get into his ear while it's hurting. there are ways of doing that while you're breast feeding too.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Thanks all...and no he is crying and then grabbing his ear...and its the same ear everytime...i am gonna see what time the urgent care opens in the morning....and then i am gonna take him...he has been doing it for 2 days now..and i have continuously watched him to make sure so i am gonna take him thanks all for your advice!
    JoshysMomma19

Answer by JoshysMomma19 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2009