• In the Spotlight:

What songs did you make up with you kids?

I taught mine "Please and Thank you." We sing it like "Are you sleeping?"
Please and thank you, please and thank you, are the words, are the words;
We use every day, we use every day, because we're nice, because we're nice.
Hey, it's simple but a great reminder for them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love you
    A bushel and a peck
    a pecker and a bushel
    and a hug around the neck
    I LOVE YOU!

My goofy mother made this song up and it has stuck...I am not sure what the pecker and the bushel are all about, but whatever....my boys love it!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I sang the same tune, but the words were, "Kristian Allen, Kristian Allen, Mommy loves you, Mommy loves you, You're so beautiful and so perfect, So beautiful and so perfect, You're mommy's little star, Yes you are."
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I sing a song to my son which I made up: "he likes to poop and he likes to fart, becaaaaause he's my special wittle babyyyy" LOL i'm weird :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Very cute!!
    Anonymous

• Hubby's the songwriter of the family. He made one spelling DS' name, one with his nickname.
    But the best one that caught on the fastest is our potty song i ripped off of Dora.

"He did it. He did it. Reilly pee pee'd potty. Yeah, He did it... WOOOOO! DANANANANANANANANA!"
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i don't know if this counts but my son doesn't like to say words the way they are pronounced and tends to say every word his way, so when we sing clean up clean up everybody every where, he says clean up clean up every every hair hair. sigh, or it maybe cause my hair has been falling out and is everywhere since i had my second lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• haha yours are all so cute, mine sounds way worse than it is. instead of shake your booty.....we say shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake the baby. my DS LOVES it and dances to it like crazy. but i've been siniging it since he was like 3 months old, and id rock him kinda crazy in my arms. he's definitely all boy!
    o another dance song
    daaaance, tater dance! (kinda like dance to the music).
    his name is tayton, obviously the nickname happens lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Sometimes I just get in a mood and I will make up a song for everything we are doing that day! lol and then my kids will sing them for weeks!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• moonshine all the way home, nothing but moonshine on my own, I love my moonshine in the middle of the day, i love my moonshine in anyway.

Totally doesnt make sense but dd loved it as i made it up as i went along, lol.
    Anonymous

• we have a bubble bath song short and sweet ---bubbles in the bathtub bubbles in your hair bubbles up your nose bubbles everywhere!!! DS loves it
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2009