I was wondering since im pregnant if i should get the swine flu vaccination..

SuzieQu90

Asked by SuzieQu90 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would check it out but i don't think that it's for pregnant women. My son can't get it cause he has asthma and my brother can't get it because he's allergic to eggs. There are a ton of reasons why certain people can't get it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• they want pregnant women to get it, we're like #1 on the list. we have really compromised immune systems which can cause problems for both us and our unborns if we get sick. however, i'm not getting it. i don't feel it's been thoroughly tested yet and i don't want to take any risks. i don't go out much and my kids stay home with me so i don't feel it's necessary to go beyond frequent handwashing and sanitizing.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I dont think I'm going to get it, but, the flu vaccine is manufactured the exact same way and by the same companies as the regular flu vaccine. If you would get the regular flu vaccine, you should get the swine flu vaccine. Theyre not much different.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 10:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes! Pregnant women are one of the highest risk groups for complications even death...very important to get it and protect yourself!!!
    Anonymous