i can't believe obama won the nobel peace prize. seriously? for something that he hasn't even accomplished yet? i guess just because I've STARTED college must mean they should give me my diploma now, ya know, because I'll finish eventually.

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• anon :16 We are sad the country lost. It isn't just about the republicans. It IS about the country. Our country lost and it will takes years to recover from this man proving he thinks he has been given the keys to the candy store.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Wow. What is our country coming to? What about those that serve our country and give their lives? Uhh. Makes me sick!
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 10:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• oo yes that is a new program out now you get your degree the day you apply to college you never have to even go to classes at all now they just assume you will eventually get around to it, they even give you all the tuition money up front! nice huh.
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 10:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Obama showing kids you don't have to do sh!t to get sh!t! I guess he really IS setting the example...Kids just SAY you are going to do your homework and take the test and your are guaranteed an A+!
    Anonymous

• They lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation, and praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease U.S. conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen its role in combating climate change.

"Some people say - and I understand it - 'Isn't it premature? Too early?' Well, I'd say then that it could be too late to respond three years from now," Thorbjoern Jagland, chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, told the AP. "It is now that we have the opportunity to respond - all of us."

Jagland said the committee whittled down a record pool of 205 nominations and had "several candidates until the last minute," but it became more obvious that "we couldn't get around these deep changes that are taking place" under Obama.
    Anonymous

• The nobel peace prize committee is a set of 5 Norwegians, and throughout the history of the prize there have been some real deserving people, and also plenty that would make you go "huh?"

they've been known to have an extremely heavy bias for all things left wing when it comes to political prizes, I just didn't know the bias went this far.
    Anonymous

• so according to you, NO ONE should get the NPP as peace has yet to be achieved.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• they've been known to have an extremely heavy bias for all things left wing when it comes to political prizes, I just didn't know the bias went this far.

Nuclear disarmament is a left wing ideal? You may want to look up Ronald Reagan and disarmament. Maybe you were referring to Peace.....Guilty, we want peace

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• throughout the history of the prize there have been some real deserving people.

Yep like Hitler! 1939...I can see why they revoked it and claim they didn't award a prize in 1939 yet they have a nomination list for 1939. lol

The same will happen with Obama, they will say they didn't give one in 2009 in 70 years!
    Anonymous

• My statement about their bias for the left wing is simply based on the numbers of who has gotten the prize, and what party they belonged to.

Anonymous