OH MY HAIR!!

with my first baby my hair fell out and i was ready for it because my mom's fell out with both of my little sibs. it wasn't so bad and very minimal, stopped falling out around 3 months. with my second baby my hair started falling out IN HANDFULS! and she is 5 months now and IT HAS NOT STOPPED FALLING OUT IN HANDFULS! i am soooo scared i'm going to end up bald soon. what to do?? what to do????

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 10:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• my hair fell out by handfull with my seccond baby till about 8-9 months he is now 11 months and it still falls out but not as much, I'm not bald my hair just keeps growing back up
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• back out not up sorry
    looovemybabies

• I know that stress can cause hair loss. Are you stressed? The stress over your hair falling out may actually make it worse! I'm not sure what else could cause it. Talk to your doctor AND a hair stylist. With the help of both maybe you can get it to stop. I know it must be hard not to stress about it. I wish you the best.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Lack of vitamins can cause hair loss if i were you i would get a blood test.Good luck i hope you find out what is causing your hair loss soon.I am sorry i wish i can be more helpfull..
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 10:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Same thing happened to me and I didn't go bald just have thinner hair now.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You might also be having thyroid problems. A simple blood test by your Dr. can determine if that is the problem. I know after my DS was born, my hair was falling out, I was nervous and jittery, couldn't sleep (on top of night time feedings, I was screwed), felt awful all the time. Turned out my thyroid was overactive. The up side was I lost the baby weight quickly...too quickly.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2009