OBGYN?

I just found out im pregnant! YAY! and now i gotta find an OBGYN.. i DONT wanna go on base! I would like to find a nice one out in jacksonville.. any suggestions? I have tricare prime.. Thanks for the help!!

Jaclyn

MarineDream771

Asked by MarineDream771 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call 1-800-444-5445. it's the number for the southeast region of tricare and they can tell you what steps to take from there. i have tricare prime too! it's a pain in the butt.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• ask for OBs and midwives. my midwife was a CNM and she was really good :) congrats!
    Anonymous

• Congratulations! :-) How far a long?

If you're low-risk you might find a midwife instead, a lovely alternative!
    Good luck with everything!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It seems that good doctors know other good doctors.

So IF you do know of any great doctors that you really trust - I would ask them for a few recommendations.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• congrats. use a CNM.. you have more freedom in the birth and pregnancy and there should be an OB in the practice in case something goes wrong (even last minute, c-section, etc). GOOD LUCK!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Try to get a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) if at all possible. It is a much more pleasant experience. I've done both.
    Anonymous

• Alright, do exactly as I say and you'll be fine! lol!
    When I found out I was pregnant, the first thing I did was go see my Primary Care Manager. If you don't know who that it, find out by calling tricare, you have an assigned dr.
    Make an appt to see your PCM and after they confirm your pregnancy they will give you a referral to a Doc or Midwife off of the military base IF YOU ASK!
    Tricare Prime was a pain in the butt and really didn't want me to have my baby off of the military base, BUT since I had the referral from my PCM there was NOTHING they could do! I've had a midwife for my entire pregnancy, at a local hospital, and they have covered everything!!! Email me please if you have any questions on how to go about this, I just did it all over the last 9 months :-) Congrats!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 4:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Thanks MOMMA_SHULER... i called and made an apt at my pcm. and we'll go from there! im excited!!!!
    MarineDream771

Answer by MarineDream771 at 11:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009