why is it that the majority of the questions on here lately are political ladies with everything that's going on in the world today shouldn't we as over worked Mommy's have a place where things can be kept light and not always such heavy topics

and yes i understand these issues are important I'm am not down grading them just saying lets laugh a Lil

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well that is what the JUST FOR FUN section is for mommies who have no knowledge or desire about politics.
    Anonymous

• Lol, anon, I was SO going there, but with my avatar
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• why is it that the majority of the questions on here lately are political?

That would be because this IS the "Politics & Current Events Section" ya know?
    Anonymous

• you mean, here in POLITICS AND CURRENT EVENTS?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Some of us enjoy discussing these things. If YOU don't like it, than find something you do and allow others to discuss what ever they feel like. This sight is for many different types of mom's not just your type.
    Anonymous

• Lucky you!!! There is a fun category. It's okay to skip this one. Not everyone is up to the challenge of this category.
    Anonymous

• There is a place like that... it's just the "Just for Fun" section. P & CE is rarely going to be lighthearted. If you want to laugh then go hang out in another section.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i ment on cafemom period i just didnt know where to post it
    Anonymous

• LMAO.....yeah our poor overloaded little brains just cant comprehend the complicated world of politics....we should all sit it out. Jesus. Unless you are in THIS section or in political groups or that random new people to cafe mom group...I dont see where you have the heavy stuff.I am in several groups across a spectrum and only my political groups discuss politics.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Unfortunately, there is SO much coming up every week which directly impacts us personally - fashion trends, Jon & Kate, and favorite dog breeds just feel like Nero fiddling while Rome burns, or perhaps like Marie Antoinette's laughing reply when being told "But the people are starving ! They have no bread!!" - she tittered, "Then let them eat cake!"

The stuff coming onto the field of gov't actions and incidents is so extreme, so much further "out there" than the dubious wording in some parts of the Patriot Act, that it is just plain silly to pretend that everything's fine.

I think that is what is creating more of a focus on these things.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:53 AM on Oct. 10, 2009