feeling alone and locked down

after having my second child it's been really hard to go out and have fun, especially because we've moved out to an environment that i have nothing in common with. i have no friends out here and have no opportunity to make any. just to add to it i'm 20 and have two kids, not many people around my age wants to hang out with me because of it. day after day i feel like all i do is work, clean, cook, and take care of the kids. i'm going out of my mind, it feels like. i need some tips to get me thru. PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• See if you can join a local chapter of moms club.

www.momsclub.com
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• LOL! I've been there too. About twenty years ago, I was in the same predicament as you. However, I did live close to my family. I had my first at 19 and the second at 23. After I had the first baby, of course, all my friends were still free and having fun. It seems like they all vanished after that. What I did do is run into my "still" best friend! She was married and wanting very much to have children of her own.

What you need to do is go out and find a woman who also has children. Maybe go to the mall, the park, heck even McDonald's play area. Visit with women whom you have something in common. i.e., children! What you are feeling is normal, but you have to understand, the kids did not choose to be born, you chose to have them. You now need to grow up and face your responsibilities. Honey, we all have to grow up sometime. Find new friends and make your family your life. Raising responsible kids is hard
    Anonymous