feeling alone and locked down

after having my second child it's been really hard to go out and have fun, especially because we've moved out to an environment that i have nothing in common with. i have no friends out here and have no opportunity to make any. just to add to it i'm 20 and have two kids, not many people around my age wants to hang out with me because of it. day after day i feel like all i do is work, clean, cook, and take care of the kids. i'm going out of my mind, it feels like. i need some tips to get me thru. PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I totally know where your coming from..Im 22 with a one year old and baby number two on the way. Im in the Air Force and we are stationed in the crappiest town ever. Im a stay at home mom though and sometimes I wish I had a job just to get out of the house! I pretty much have no friends here and like you said people my age dont have kids or really have much in common with me. Things that help me when Im feeling down are:
    1.Go do something for yourself! (get your nails done, a massage, buy some sexy underwear, get a spray tan, anything that makes you feel good)
    2. Give yourself credit..Your doing a super job that not many people can handle. It takes a great person to be selfless and raise kids.
    3. Do something out of the ordinary. If your always on the same schedule, break it for a day. Go to the Park with your kids. Go ride go carts or Take a pottery class..Do something you never usually do.
    HOpe you feel better!
    Sekzymexi

Answer by Sekzymexi at 11:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• google MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) and see if your area has one. they are great to find friends and have some mom time.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Story hour at the library, a preschool parents group. Is there a Hobby Lobby in your area? They have craft and hobby classes that you can take for relatively cheap. My aunt took a cake decorating class and made a few friends that way. Take a photography class at a local community college. Go to the park, zoo, etc. Find something to do by yourself!! Something fun that you have been wanting to do, take an exercise class.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• know how you feel hon! i'm 25 and had 3 kids by the time i was 22... its not easy.

just get out. its that simple, go for a walk, go to the library, play outside in the leaves...

as for meeting other moms? dunno, i am kind of a recluse- don't like people all that much.

maybe pick something you want to learn and give it a whirl? like crochet, sewing, painting, etc?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It is actually a lot easier to meet other people when you have kids than when you are alone.
    No one is going to knock on your door and ask if you want to come out and do something, altho they might ask if your kids want a playdate. Find activities you enjoy and start doing them. The library is a fun source for more than books, maybe there is a children's museum or indoor playroom near you. Look online for your local TV station webpage and look for activities. You won't feel as alone if you are having fun and it is a good way to meet other moms in the same situation. Many online newspapers also have a calendar of events.

If it is hard for you to get out with the kids and all the things you need to carry, you will have to be the one to invite others over. Think creatively.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 12:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2009