What do you write in a kids birthday card?

My girls are going to a birthday party, this is our first time being invited to a children's birthday party. I got both kids a card, they are both turning 2 but what do you write in it for a 2yr old and who do you put that it is from? Do you put from "your kids names" or do you put its from the whole family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For kids that young, I'd just write "Happy Birthday" and sign it from your kid (maybe "and family"?), since that's who they know. Unless it's a family friend, then sign it from the whole family.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I think it depends on how close you are to the family. Hope you have a great birthday, Love so and so
    or So glad we got to celebrate with you and your family! From Mr and Mrs. Anon.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• if its just a friend from school/daycare or another event happy bday from my kids, if its a close family friend than i write we love you happy birthday from and then i sign each of our names. but they know the kids not you, so that is who the gifts are coming from in their eyes.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Since it was your daughters who were invited and will be presenting the gifts, have them sign the cards with whatever they want.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 11:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would just write: Happy Birthday!! Hope you have an awesome day or something like that and sign my daughters name. Have fun!!
    Anonymous

• I would have my kids sign the cards but they can't write yet, they are only 2 1/2yrs and 20mo. And no, we aren't really close to the family.
    Anonymous