Halloween Make-up

I'm assuming it's not a good idea but I was wondering if it's ok to put a little glitter on my 3 month old cheeks for Halloween? Please don't bash me...like I said, I'm assuming I can't. She's going to be a pink butterfly and I wanted to play up her cute little face a little bit. But I'm a little nervous about putting anything on there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would go with probably not. for one thing, at that age they like to put their hands in their mouth, after its all over the face, and she'd get it in her mouth probably in her eyes as well. its tempting, i know but i waited til mine was 2 to do halloween makeup and then it was just my eye shadow, blush and lip gloss not actual thick halloween makeup.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I doubt that as gorgeous as your beautiful baby girl is that she would even need the glitter! I would say no...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would think that if it is the glitter Gel it would not be that big a deal to put a small amount on her but I agree I don't know if there is a health risk to this. Now lose glitter no I wouldn't do that at all. That is totally up to you though.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 11:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I know someone with a 6wk old who plans to put paint on baby's nose; I wouldn't think it would be okay but she's openly excited about doing so and no one has said any thing negative about it; point being other people do and their kids don't die. I think it's what ever you prefer to do with your child. You are the mother if you don't feel it's a good idea don't do it, but if you think it's okay go for it.
    Anonymous