What would you do if...

A Banshee showed up at your door?

Would you invite her in for some coffee?
Would you scream and slam the door in her face?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont even know what a banshee is.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• How would you tell she wa a banshee?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The Banshee (pronounced /ˈbænʃiː/, BAN-shee), from the Irish bean sí ("woman of the síde" or "woman of the fairy mounds") is a female spirit in Irish mythology, usually seen as an omen of death and a messenger from the Otherworld. Her Scottish counterpart is the bean shìth (also spelled bean-shìdh).

The banshee can appear in a variety of guises. Most often she appears as an ugly, frightening hag, but can also appear as a stunningly beautiful woman of any age that suits her. In some tales, the figure who first appears to be a "banshee" is later revealed to be the Irish battle goddess, the Morrígan. The hag may also appear as a washer-woman, or bean-nighe, and is seen washing the blood stained clothes or armour of those who are about to die.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was one of those who didn't know what a banshee is. I guess the OP wanted to know what i would do if i knew that someone i loved or myself would die. Well i have accepted that death is a part of life and so i would be sad but at the same time i would be glad for the warning i guess coz it will give me time to make things right or say goodbye.
    maimutsa

Answer by maimutsa at 12:17 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• ah i would let her in might as well lmao nothing really to keep them out lol
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Well, since she is a messenger or omen of death, then I would invite her in and share my bible with her over a cup of tea. I would not want to hear of any messages from the Otherworld, but I would want to try to warm her heart with hospitality and kindness.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009