Have you ever visited the R&B section of Yahoo answers? Or any other site?

So, I took a little field trip today over to Yahoo Answers R&B section. I usually find at least one or two (or 12 depending on the day) posts here that are just discustingly offencive and intolerant. And no matter how much I try to ignore it, it just makes me sick! But, then I went to YA today. And I just have to say, it's such a relief to be back here. I answered 3 questions there... And I think every one of them was posted just to spread hate... I mean really... One said something like "How long have the JWs been an official cult" another asked why Satanists kill babies and another one asked if Jesus ever had sex with Mary...

I was just sickened... It really makes me appriciate what we have here! I love you all! Even those of you I love to hate! lol~

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• **Sorry about the spelling. I really wish they would put a spell check on that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i did...once. never again! we think CM is bad, Yahoo answers is horrid! at least on CM we are all mothers...most of us are more intelligent & mature than the children (young & old) that hang out on Yahoo answers (no offense to anyone who goes on there!).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• We have a benefit over places such as yahoo Answers. Over there an 8 year old can ask or answer a question. Here you need to have at least hit puberty. (This isn't meant as a slam but an acknowledgment of one's ability to reproduce since it's a site for Moms, which in general means the maturity level tends to be higher than on other social networking sites.)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I went there once and I am glad to not go back.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Thanks for the heads up!! Make a point to avoid it from now on...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I've never had a problem with anything I have read over there, and often find useful info. Maybe I'm not hitting the right questions. I don't go often and have never posted, but when I search for something and it comes up in the hits, I get sucked into the bottom-feeder links on each page there, too. Next thing I know it's two hours later and I am 20-30 pages past where I started.

I might have to search out the one about Jesus and Mary. Just curious.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 3:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• note to self: remember this post. thanks, sabrina!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I've been there. There are people that seems their whole goal is just to tear down the faith they like the least.

I feel much better here.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Oh.. it sounds funny.. maybe I'm on the wrong site..
    __Jayne__

Answer by __Jayne__ at 10:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I went there (yahoo r&b section)before I even knew about CafeMom.

Its really bad over there with the judgments and bad attitudes.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2009