What religion are you and what drew you to it?

I'm Buddhist and I love the peaceful nature of the religion and the simplicity of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Christian. I believe in God. But, I'm still learning.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i was not "drawn" to my religion. i grew up Christian & it was just the way things were. but as ive searched ive found it to be my truth, but far far from the Christianity i was brought up in.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Jehovah's witness, it was the only religion that I researched that bought me peace and made me appreciate God and everything that he has blessed me with.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I'm Buddhist also. I've always held Buddhist beliefs - just didn't know that's what they were 'til my 20's. So, nothing "drew" me to it... it's just who I am.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I am a Christian and although my family has always been they encouraged me to look into different religions growing up. The more I would study about religions the more Christianity made sense. And when I say Christianity I don't mean the conservative fundamentalist version or the far left liberal version, I mean Christianity in the early church-what it is supposed to be. Not many people think about this but it is one of the biggest reasons I believe in Christianity-Christ was inclusive of women. In that time and culture that was unheard of yet there are lots of examples of this in the bible. If someone at that time were to "make up" a story the way Jesus treated women would be extremely looked down on-that's why I think it is true! The all encompassing love and the character of Christ is why I believe in Christianity.
    Momincollege23

Answer by Momincollege23 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Atheist because I don't believe in any supreme beings or an afterlife.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• im a christian and i love that's its not about a religion its about a relationship with Jesus Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm Pagan
    I was not drawn to it. I was pushed from Christianity because of it. ...i was Pagan before i even understood or knew that there was anything else besides Christianity.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm a born again Christian. My grandmother was a Christian and I attended church as a young child but we stopped going when I was around 10. As a teenager I felt something was missing from my life. My grandmother was always urging us to go back to church. What I found there was people who loved me as goofy and awkward as I was, I was 14. They reflected the love of the God of the universe, who loved me enough to die on a cross to forgive my sins, and who was drawing me into a relationship with Him. A relationship with the God who created and sustains the universe! That God is interested in the details of my lfie. Who wouldn't want that? 30 years later and my faith in and my love for this God is stronger than ever.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm an eclectic atheist pagan. It is what best describes what I believe and how I strive to live..
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2009