what size shoe should a 5 y/o girl wear

Im looking to make a xmas list for my daughters, my SD is 5 & i dont know her size, can anyone tell me what range you think she would be in Im looking at sneakers online.
Oh 1 more thing, I called Zappos.com & asked if they have military discount , they dont, BUT she did tell me about their much cheaper sister site 6pm.com check it out,thats where Im looking now

NiekaC

Asked by NiekaC at 12:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• personally I don't buy shoes for people b/c everyones feet are different (or at least our family tends to have feet issues). I would suggest either a gift card to that site OR something different.

My just turned 6 yesterday DS wears a size 11/2 - 2.
    And my 4 year old DD wears a 12-13.

but I think they both tend to wear bigger sizes than the norm.
    How about clothes -- and err on the larger side -- b/c with clothes even if they are too big there is always that chance that they will grow into them.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• maybe a one thats whay my neice wore at 5
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• You need to find out directly what size she is.. not asking on a website about other 5 year olds sizes.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• childrens size 13 for my DD who is petite age 5
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 12:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Hard to say. My daughter's feet grew a lot last year. She started out in a 9 1/2 when she turned 5. She turned 6 today and she's wearing a 13.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• KalebsMomee: the reason Im asking is so that i get an idea of what i can get her, I know that Im going to have to directly ask, but its damn near 12 am, sheesh
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 12:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• depends on the child. Her height and body size. No two kids are the same. Can you get mom to trace her foot and send it to you? That way youd know.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• They where whatever size fits them. I wouldn't guess. Kids' feet vary greatly and there is no way to even begin to guess.
    My oldest wore like a 9 or 10 (toddler) at that age (she's 9 now and just fitting into a 131/2).
    My son was already in a 12 or 13.
    My middle daughter was in an 10 1/2 (she's about to turn 7 and now in a 13--her and her older sister wear the same size).
    My youngest daughter is only 3 1/2 and already wears a 9 1/2. By the time she is 5 she will probably be in a 12.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:23 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Doesn't she come over at all? Check her shoe size then.
    Anonymous

• You really need to ask her mother, proper fitting shoes are very important to a child's foot development. It all depends on the child. My son had tiny feet at 5 and still wore toddler size shoes. I know 5 year olds that have huge feet. It is best to ask or look at her shoes when she is over and add a 1/2-1 size to that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2009