Gotta pet stain in your carpet - wanna know what I found that takes it out?

4 months ago I got a puppy and she's been pretty sickly this whole time so potty training has been a chore. Living in a rental I HAVE to make sure that she doesn't ruin the carpet - right. But every so often they do have accidents. Out of desperation , and after trying everything I found at WalMart and Home Depot - I inadvertently put together a recipe that WORKED.
Now, I have light colored carpet - SO TEST IT ON DARK CARPET BEFORE YOU USE IT!

I have a carpet shampooer that holds 1 gallon of water. I added 1/4 bottle of 409, 1/4 cup of liquid Tide and then put in 1 teaspoon of Tea Tree Oil to help with deodorization. I mixed it up in a gallon container, poured it back in a spray bottle and cleaned her accidents - THE STAINS WENT COMPLETELY AWAY - EVEN WHEN THE CARPET DRIED- THEY WERE AND ARE STILL GONE! Then I took it further and put the mixture in my carpet cleaner - WOW! What a difference! You gotta try it!

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 12:10 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pets

• I have got to try that. No puppy stains but toddlers are worse than puppies. I didn't know that bannanas and white grape juice left stains until I had children to prove it.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• D:
    YAY!! I'll definitely have to try that. We live in a house with hardwood right now, but we'll be moving soon that'll have carpet as well. That'll soo come in helpful. Thank you!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 12:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Someone else on here suggested OUT found at Walmart. 4 for a bottle and I have to say to whom ever it was THANK YOU so much. It really worked well on our old stains.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• On juice stains like grape or whatever , you can sprinkle baking soad on it and then pour vinager on it and it will fizz and foam and then towel blot it up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Also, try using 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinager to a gallon of water with your carpet cleaner. I over heard two old women at walmart talking about it so I tried it myself. Worked wonders on my light colored carpet. It took away stains that had been there before we bought the house 3 years ago. We were about to have new carpet laid. Now there's no need!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2009

• wow thank's did'nt know any of this i'll tey it
    burger_king_kid

Answer by burger_king_kid at 6:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2009