Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son's biological father

well he has never been in the picture. My finacee has been there since Jojo was first born. Now my sons biological father wants to be back in the picture but my son is calling my finacee daddy and runs to him whenever his biological father comes around. His bio father is getting really aggervated about should i handle this situation?

Answer Question

Asked by Savannah89 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • well the bio left right? so it is his own fault and not urs nor dd and i would just let them get used to each other and see how it goes i mean if ur new hb has been there i wouldnt feel bad

    Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • explain to all parties that no matter what that is his bio father, and calmly without starting anymore drama or add to the aggravation remind his bio father that, ur SO was there and that is the only father figure ur son has grown to know, so he should take it as a lesson, rather than a burden!!! Good luck sweetie

    Answer by waterlily89 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • Its up to the bio dad, he is the one who left. Besides where was he whebn his son was first born. I hate it when men get away with things like this, leaving you pregnant and just hope to breeze their way back. You are way better than me, i would kick his ass and make him grovel before i let him near the child. But for the sake of the child maybe you need to help the situation a little by letting the two spend some time, even if its for 30 minutes without you or your new man. Children are more flexible than adults

    Answer by maimutsa at 12:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • Judge rule on the best interest of the child. He has no relationship with your son. To force him to have one is traumatic. It is possible that a judge would rule that he bug off and let your son get on with his normal life. It is also possible that he receive supervised visits that are supervised by a counselor to ensure that your son doesn't feel allienated. Good Luck.

    Answer by always_chris at 12:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • You need to tell his bio-father he had no right to get aggravated. he gave up that right when he left. I hate when men do this. Your son knows your fiance as "dad" and Bio-father needs to get over it. I could never call my bio-father "dad" until I felt he earned that title. He's never been invovled in my life. It's up to the child. Depending on the age of your child, bio-father is going to have to let it go until your son is old enough to understand the situation. He just needs to deal with the consequences of his actions and worry about the well being and happiness of your son.

    Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • If I was you I wouldn't handle it in any way, your ex put himself in that situation so let him get himself out of it, if he want's to step up and be a father then he needs to do it on his own.

    Answer by looovemybabies at 12:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

  • Your ex put his self in this situation so let him get his selt out of it...

    Answer by Littlemamainga6 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.