what's the deal?

what's the deal with swine flu?? is it really as bad as it sounds?? everything i've heard and read says to treat it like the regular flu...it's something new, i get that, so obviously people will freak about it...but its all the media talks about, but wont really uncover how many it has truly affected....

so whats the deal? is it really something to make that big of a deal about??? i'm getting my dd vaccinated bc her pedi. recommended it, and just to be safe (i'm still on the fence about it though)..i just don't understand what the hype is about if you treat it like the regular flu, and it has the same bad effects of the regular flu..can someone point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was thinking about posing the same question. Until I heard about the recent pregnant woman deaths because of it, I was not very concerned. I always knew the flu was possibly deadly if not treated properly, especially within the elderly and the very young. My SO has been stressing over it for a while now and I always shrugged it off as no big deal but now I am starting to worry just a bit. I am not one to worry without considerate cause, so I am also curious. And the symptoms seem to be the same as any regular flu or cold for that matter!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• we just got over the swine flu. it was easier than the seasonal one! I have a 13 m/o and a 30 m/o and they both got it. there was lots of snot flying ( here mommy pick my booger) but we just doubled up on vit. c with rose hips and other mulit-vits. If your immune system is strong you'll be ok.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Well i hear bad and good about it...im sure it is more mild now.
    but wicked tabbie on here is infected so if her whole family two children her and her husband. praying for them.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:08 AM on Oct. 10, 2009