I just had a baby last Sat. & my cousin told me her son had 5th disease when the cheecks get all red it's a bad cold basically but she wants to come over to see the baby & I'm just going to tell her I thinks its to soon being they just had it last week!! Is that rude to ask to wait??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no it is not just explain to her that u dont want ur baby getting sick so everyone needs to hold off just be nice about it she should understand good luck and she really cant be mad at u for being mom
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• No. I dont think so. I didn't let anyone outside of my parents and sisters around my daughter for the first six weeks except for my baby shower(had DD early) and I was a nervous wreck. Go figure, she got a cold right after that. If I knew someone had been sick, no way would I have let them around her. Im paranoid.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• nope not rude at all, especially this time of year when the flu is starting to make its way around. Anyone visiting should understand your wanting to protect your baby. I would ask people who do visit to wash their hands before touching the baby, its not rude and if they can not understand why just tell them you prefer that with the different viruses going around that everyone wash their hands before hand. Let them know that you are doing the same thing in your home and keep some hand sanitizer around.

I had a friend whose husband was so over the top he had you wash your hands then handed baby wipes out to people then made them use hand sanitizer before touching the baby we all giggled about it and asked if he wanted us to use face mask too and he considered it :) most people will be understanding and good natured about it :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• No dear...please.....dont think you are being rude, your are doing the right thing
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2009