waking up crying a lot

my DD who is 15 months old will go thru phases. sometimes she will sleep thru the night and other nights she will wake up like once or on bad nights twice. but lately its been like she will wake up crying hard core like she had a bad dream. and she will get mad at me if i try to comfort her yet she wants to be held! idk what to do! i think she has really bad dreams or maybe shes not getting enough to eat during the day? sometimes i have to give her water or milk to calm her. i try to feed her enough during the day but sometimes she doesnt even eat it. ugh! any suggestions on waking up crying during the night and what i should do?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd does the same....i put her in bed with me til she falls back asleep and back to her bed she goes...it's to the point now that she's in the pack and play next to our bed..and she sleeps through the night...but at the same time, her monitor stopped working...she'll grow out of it, try laying down with her, or sitting there so she can see you until she falls back asleep..good luck
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:00 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• yeah i do that every night really. but its just her waking up crying hard core and sometimes wanting a sippy. even sometimes..ill get the sippy ready and before im back in the room shes back asleep!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• my son was doing that and he's getting tested next week for acid reflux (he's 14months) bc our dr said since he has started spitting up alot again and that when they lay down is when it would bother them the most so we are gonna see if thats why my sons been waking up...if he has any of the symptems u might wanna get her tested
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I had no trouble with lexie at that age she is almost 3 now,
    but i know what you mean honestly because around 15 months she started but stopped,

Bella will give me trouble i know she is only 9 months soon 10 months...but i just know it lol
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• The only time my son would wake up screaming hard core like that, and resist my comfort was when he had pin worms. He would wake multiple times at night screaming and no matter what i did i couldn't seem to comfort him. Apparently they're pretty common. He got them just from playing in the dirt.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2009