Am I a bad mommy?

My son is 5 months old and tonight he was overtired and refusing to sleep so I just put him in his bed and let him cry. Am I a bad mommy for doing so? He only cried for about 10 minutes and then he went to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. you're not a bad mom
    I dont believe that CIO is okay for any child under a year old. But i also don't believe that any mother should get to a point where she can't handle it any more. It's okay to put your child down if you need a break. And that's what you did, ...and you just happened to be lucky enough that your baby fell asleep.

you're not a bad mom. you didn't make the baby CIO. you just took a break. sometimes that's necessary.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:51 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Nope, not at all. There is nothing wrong with that.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 1:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• got to learn someday! lol
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• uhh no that is normal... i do it every day
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• When I do that he just gets more mad, so I'd say good job!
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:15 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• No not at all i did the same thing with my son especially when he is either over tired or fighting sleep the weariness will ALWAYS out run the cries
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• no way your not. I did it at 5 months too. CIO is ok. DOnt let the freaky hippy moms tell you otherwise
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I have a really hard time letting my baby cry but sometimes you have to because otherwise, you could lose your temper and that is way worse than letting him cry.

Think of it this way, the fact that you worry about it means you're not a bad mother. It means you're a good one!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 2:02 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I was about to lose it though. Thats why I put him down and walked away. By th time I was ready to pick him up again he had fallen asleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• 10 mins is not an unreasonable time for you to let him cry it out. Sometimes sleep is best for them whether they like it or not.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2009