cloth diapers

I am considering going to cloth diapers with my newest addition born 3 weeks ago and would love any advice, pros and cons, and website or brand suggestions from other moms who have had cloth diaper experience.
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Amy Nichols
Mommy of a 6 y/o, 4 y/o, 2 y/o & 3 week old
Work At Home United
www.Enhancingfamilies.com --Helping Moms To Be Able To Afford To Stay Home With Their Kids

amynic

Asked by amynic at 1:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're looking for something fairly cheap, prefolds are the best. That's what I'm using. Personally, I think Indian prefolds are the best. And I use Thirsties Duowrap covers. There's only two sizes, and that will take you from newborn through toddlerhood. So no buying 4 different sizes. Pros? You'll save a lot of money, it's better for the environment, and better for baby's skin. Cons? It is a little extra work. Check out the Cloth Diapering Mamas group. It helped me out a lot.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I love cloth diapers! Start out small... buy a few things here and there and get a feel for what you like. Buying used is a good idea because you won't spend a bunch of money on something you're not sure you like.

The cloth diaper groups on here are great resources and they have marketplace forums where you can buy stuff, too! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:05 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Do you know what type of diapers you want to use? I use All In Ones and Contours or Prefolds with covers. My fav AIO's are Green & Comfy, which I find on eBay for a very reasonable price, and Peppermint Twist, which you can find on MySpace, Facebook and Etsy. What are you looking for?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2009