I feel like my baby has seisures i never seen a person have one but heard about it can you help me figure out if shes having them and why?

im a very parinoid mom and when i hold my baby and when shes sleeping her eyes flutter and her breathing changes and she starts to kind of shake i shake her a bit so she isnt in such a deep sleep and she stops! what do you think it is?s it sesures? what am i doing wrong it doesnt sem like shes doing it when shes by herself laying down!!! is she getting too hot? what do you tthink thank you for trying to help

Tbaby61727

Asked by Tbaby61727 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like she's in the REM stage of her sleep...it's very common. Babies sleep very hard and she's just dreaming without knowing it :) you do the same thing during REM or stage 5 of your sleep too...you just don't see it because you're the one sleeping. relax mama :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• breathe mama, she's just dreaming
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I'm sure she's fine...but if your really concerned then make a doctor appt. Just to be on the safe side. Calm down and just keep a close eye on her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• my son done the also and it is ok and normal...just a dream or something
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It sounds like REM sleep. It's normal. Seizures are pretty unmistakeable. My sister had epilepsy when she was little and even when they're small seizures they're noticable.

You don't notice that she's doing it when she sleeps by herself because your'e not there when she goes into REM sleep. If you watched her all night like you do when you're holding her you would see similar behavior. Don't worry, it's normal :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• It is normal hon, but indeed if you are concerned please contact your doc, hon that's why we pay them for to answer all our question's

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• yep both my kids did this....its not seizures....seizures are MORE severe...i have seen one before on a website called marissa... its horrible... but this little girl is amazing...i reccomend everyone that can give support do so and buy a bunny fairfax....heres the link.

http://marissasbunny.com/Marissas_Bunny/Marissas_Bunny_-_Infantile_Spasms_and_Epilepsy_Awareness/Marissas_Bunny_-_Infantile_Spasms_and_Epilepsy_Awareness.html
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:57 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Not all seizures are "horrible". My daughter had 3 seizures in her first 2 days of life and it was just weird not horrible. She wouldn't blink, her mouth would start a sucking motion, and one foot would twitch up and down. I agree with the other moms. It sounds like your little one is just in deep sleep. But if it really scares you, talk to the doctor.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2009