Did anyone else have their baby while attending college and working?

How did you deal with it?

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 2:18 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was pregnant with my second daughter not only while going to college but WORKING at the same college too...i would work from 8am to 5pm and then have classes from 5:30pm to 10:30...sometimes the teachers would joke with me about putting a cot up in an empty room since i just about lived there anyway.....well after a while it got to be too much for me, so i stopped doing my night classes, in the end they ended up getting rid of my position anyway...lol but when i did do it it was TOUGH...i had a 4yo daughter at the time and it was hard cause i didnt see her much....i dont think i could do that again.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• u do it cuz u have to i was wokring full time and going to college full time after he was born i tried to take as many online classes as i could my college didnt offer very many but it was a lot easier to balance out the work load b/w campus classes and online classes.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I was not working when my daughter was born but I was single and in my freshman year of college. I took one week off of classes. I just took help from anyone who offered. I would put my daughter in a bouncy seat and bounce it with my foot while I wrote papers.

Now I'm working part time and working on my masters, but my little one is no longer a baby, she's three and a half already! Good luck.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:27 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Oh, and are you in Toledo, OH? I saw your profile said Toledo.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Oh I already went through it. I was just interest in others who have shared in the stress lol. I was working, Went to Denver on a business trip while I was pregnant and commuting to classes. Then I had my son during the midterms of my final semester. I had to be taken off work and school since I developed preeclampsia so I had a ton of make-up work to do when I had a newborn in the house and hardly any sleep.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yes Toledo Ohio.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I went to UT. = )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I went to BG but my hubby is in UT's medical college.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• IT IS HARD!!! I am a senior in college now and 31 weeks pregnant. I only have one more semester after this and I do not plan on taking any time off (just taking half of my classes online instead). And I work part time at my school.
    Fusion8

Answer by Fusion8 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 10, 2009