How can I get slugs to leave from my front porch?

Every night and morning there are slugs all over my front porch. I have to watch where I step and tip toe around them, so that I don't step on them. How do I get them to go away?

meluvja

Asked by meluvja at 2:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have heard both the salt and beer work well. Salt would be cheaper and easier to just toss out there. You also would not have to worry about children or pets drinking the beer accidentally if you used the salt.
    Anonymous

• lol my mom use to have this problem and she sprinkled a lil salt around the area and the smart ones stayed away and the dumb ones just died from the salt they would shrivel up
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• yup salt works great it was my grams best defense against them, it can be gross but it works.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• then salt it is...thanks!
    meluvja

Answer by meluvja at 2:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• A saucer of beer works as well. The little buggards can't resist the stuff and they crawl right in and drown.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 3:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• yep salt....do a line of salt around the ground in front of your porch and they will stay off...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• I have heard Beer gets rid of them.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2009

• yes get like a plastic cup or bowl and put the beer of your choice and put it around the house or porch and they will go towards the beer and stay in it. My friend used it this past summer to keep them out of her garden and it worked!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2009